donderdag 19 september 2013

Paris in Denmark















I'm so excited! 'Paris' is having it's Danish premiere this week! I never thought the book would travel all over the world. Just like in Germany they are selling it as a graphic novel especially made for women, and in a way that is true. But I made the book for me, because there was simply nothing out there that appealed to some of my intrests at the time. As a man, I like fashion, gossip and celebrities and I think a lot of people do. So why not put it in a graphic novel?

And with shows like 'the Kardashians', 'the Valleys' and 'Fifty shades of grey' movies, 'Paris' is still relevant today.

Get the Danish version here
Danish interview with me here

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Yesterday I accidentally found "Paris" in a book store and it suddenly catched my attention. I ordered it immediately after reading the first two pages. Today I bought it.

    That is how discovered your amazing art I am very impressed! Your work is so elegant, stylized and yet comical - an amazing mixture! I can't wait to read "Paris" and if I can find more books of you.

    Please keep on doing so much great work.

    As a man I share the same likes you do and I am happy to see I am not the only one. As an illustrator I absolutely look up to you!

    Best regards from Germany,

    Daniel

    www.DoReDani.de

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello DoReDani,

    so glad that you like fashion, gossip and celebrities. We need more people like you!

    So happy that 'Paris' found you and I hope that after reading it, you will still like it. There is a good chance that more books of mine will be translated in German in the near future. I keep my finger's crossed.

    And keep drawing!

    Best,

    Maarten

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen